8.14.2008

Cookin it up!

I have definitely gotten more into cooking since I got married. If you asked my roommates in college I did big dinners sometimes, but it wasn't an every day thing. Now it's really fun for me. Especially since I found a great deal on a Bosch on craig's list. I LOVE craig's list! (If you don't know what I'm talking about just go to www.craig'slist.com and click on your town. If your town isn't big enough, click on San Antonio and a category like "household" or "furniture" and you'll see what I'm talking about.)


Here are some No-Bake Cookies I made for Daniel's home teaching families. For the past 5 months or so I've happened to make cookies the weekend he goes to home teach and so far they have tasted my no-bakes, my wookies (peanut butter with snickers in the middle), my chocolate-chocolate chip cookies, and of course the regular chocolate chip. We'll see what I can come up with next!


This is Daniel's birthday dinner. When G-ma Marcia and Papa Ed were here they gave us a pasta maker which I got some use out of when I made Daniel's favorite - lasagna. I made the noodles from scratch and it turned out sooo great! He loved it!


This is the handy-dandy hand mixer that G-ma Marcia got for us. It was great at mixing the cottage cheese mix for the lasagna.


And here's the cake. I didn't sculpt the cake or round the edges cuz I didn't want to waste cake and I knew Daniel wouldn't care as long as it tasted good, which it did. :) I made the frosting from scratch. Since then, I was given some cake decorating stuff so my next cake will be even better. Thank you to Aimee's cooking blog for some great recipies.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

YAAAAAAAY!!!

I love it when I hear that people are checking out my cooking blog and getting inspired from it!

I've slacked on posting there lately, but I'll definitely try to remedy that soon! :)

marciamuse said...

I'm sure the boys at your house will love all the treats made with your Bosch!